How to Register for the IELTS Exam? – IELTS (International English Language Testing System) has gained immense popularity among students worldwide as a benchmark for assessing English language proficiency.
Whether it is for educational or professional purposes, the IELTS Exam holds significant value and is recognized by thousands of institutions and organisations globally.
This exam is widely accepted by academic institutions in English-speaking countries, including colleges, universities, and educational programs. Students who want to study abroad in countries such as the USA, Australia, the UK, Canada, and New Zealand often need to provide an IELTS Score as part of their application process.
But many students want to register for their IELTS Exam on their own but they don’t know how to register for IELTS Exam. if you are one of them, then don’t worry because I will provide you step by step guide on how to register for the IELTS Exam.
So, let’s get started!
What is IELTS Exam?
IELTS is an internationally recognized standardized exam which is designed to assess the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers. It measures individuals’ ability to read, listen, write, and speak in English for academic or general purposes.
This exam is accepted by thousands of institutions worldwide, including universities, government agencies, colleges, and employers, as evidence of English language proficiency. It is commonly required for admission to academic programs, immigration purposes, and employment opportunities in English-speaking countries.
There are two types of IELTS Exams: Academic and General Training.
Importance Of Registration To Secure a Test Date
Registering for the IELTS Exam is important to secure a test date for many important reasons:
- Availability of preferred test dates: The demand for IELTS exams can be high, especially during peak periods. By registering early, you increase the likelihood of securing a test date that aligns with your schedule and timeline. Waiting until the last minute may result in limited availability of the need to travel to a different test center, which can be inconvenient or impractical.
- Planning And Preparation Time: Registering early allows you to plan and allocate sufficient time for exam preparation. Adequate preparation is important for achieving your desired score. Registering well in advance gives you ample time to practice, study, and familiarize yourself with the exam format and requirements, increasing your chances of success.
- Avoiding late registration fees: Many test centers impose additional fees for late registration. By registering early, you can avoid these extra charges and save money. This is especially beneficial if you are on a tight budget or have limited financial resources for the exam.
- Documentation and Identification Requirements: Registering early gives you ample time to gather the necessary documentation and identification required for the exam. Certain identification documents, such as passports or national identity cards, may need to be current and valid. By registering in advance, you can ensure that you have the appropriate documents ready without any last-minute rush or potential complications.
How to Register for the IELTS Exam?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to register for IELTS Exam:
Visit the IDP India Website
Go to the official IDP india website by entering https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/” in your browser.
Find the IELTS Section
Look for the IELTS section on the website’s homepage or navigate to the IELTS Specific page.
Choose The Type Of IELTS Exam & Select the Test Location
There are two types of IELTS Exam – IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Select the type of exam that is appropriate for your needs. Choose the city or test centre where you wish to take the IELTS Exam. IDP India offers multiple test centres across the country.
Check Available test dates
Find the available test dates for your chosen test centre and select the one that suits you best. Keep in mind that popular dates may fill up quickly, so it’s advisable to register well in advance.
Fill In The Registration Form
Provide the required personal information such as your name, contact details, identification document details, and other relevant information as requested.
This is an important step on how to register for the IELTS Exam.
Choose The Payment Method
IDP india offers various payment options, including online payment, demand draft, or bank transfer. Select the payment method that is convenient for you.
Pay The Registration Fee
Complete the payment process by following the instructions provided on the website. The registration fee may vary depending on the test centre and location.
Once your registration and payment are processed successfully, you will receive a confirmation email containing your test date, time, and venue details. Save this email for future reference.
How much is the IELTS exam fee?
As there are different types of IELTS exam, the fee for the different IELTS variants is different. The fee for the computer variant of the IELTS exam is maximum while the fee for life skill test is minimum.
Here is the list of different IELTS variants with their exam fee for your better understanding. So let’s have a look at the IELTS fees after learning about how to register for the IELTS exam.
|IELTS Variant||Test Price (INR)||Book IELTS Exam|
|Computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI||16,500||Book Now|
|Computer-delivered IELTS||16,250||Book Now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||15,350||Book Now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration||16,500||Book Now|
|Pen and paper based IELTS||16,250||Book Now|
This is the price table for the different IELTS variants and here is a link for you to book the IELTS exam.
Now let’s have a look at the different locations for the IELTS exam where you can take the IELTS exam.
The test locations are different for both test variants, here is the list of locations for both test variants.
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- Sri Ganganagar
- Sri Muktsar Sahib
Along with learning how to register for the IELTS exam you must be aware of these locations where you can take the IELTS exam.
- Anand – VV Nagar
- Bengaluru – Kasturba Road
- Bengaluru – St. Marks Road
- Bengaluru – Whitefield
- Bhopal – MP Nagar
- Chandigarh – Sector 34
- Chennai – Adyar
- Dehradun – Ballupur Chowk
- Goa – MG Road
- Hyderabad – Begumpet
- Hyderabad – Jubilee Hills
- Hyderabad – Kukatpally
- Karnal – Shyam Nagar
- KochiKolkata – Park Street
- Lucknow – Aliganj
- Mumbai – Lower Parel
- New Delhi – Nehru Place
- New Delhi – Pitampura
- New Delhi – Rajouri Garden
- Pune – Shivaji Nagar
- Rajkot – Nana Mauva Circle
Note: Make sure to start your exam preparation well in advance to maximise your chances of achieving your desired score. Good Luck!
Test Day Tips
On the day of your IELTS Exam, it’s important to be well-prepared and organised to ensure a smooth experience. Here are some key steps to follow on test day:
- Wake up Early: Give yourself enough time to wake up, have breakfast, and get ready without feeling rushed. Aim to arrive at the test centre well ahead of the scheduled start time.
- Check Your Documents: Before leaving for the test centre, double-check that you have all the necessary documents. These typically include your passport or national identity card (the same one used for registration) and your printed IELTS test confirmation.
- Dress Comfortably: Wear comfortable clothing that adheres to the test centre’s guidelines. It’s important to feel at ease during the exam, so choose clothes that allow you to focus without distractions.
- Take Necessary Items: Bring essential items such as pens, pencils, erasers, and a water bottle. Check with the test centre beforehand if there are any specific requirements or restrictions on what you can bring into the exam room.
- Arrive early: Arrive at the test centre early to allow time for check-in procedures. This will help reduce stress and give you time to settle in before the exam begins.
In this blog, we have discussed about How to Register for the IELTS Exam. I hope you have understood easily. Registering for the IELTS exam is a straightforward process that can be done through the official IDP india website.
By following the steps provided, such as selecting the appropriate exam type, choosing a test location, checking available dates, filling in the registration form, selecting a payment method, and completing the payment, individuals can secure their spot for the exam.
It is important to stay updated with the latest information and guidelines provided by IDP India, as registration procedures may evolve over time. Taking the time to register early and prepare adequately for the IELTS exam can help individuals pursue their academic or professional goals with confidence.
I hope this blog has cleared all your queries about how to register for the IELTS Exam, but if you still have any questions please let us know through comments we will revert you as soon as possible.
What documents do I need for IELTS exam?
In India, to book the IELTS exam the only require document is your Passport. Without passport a students can not fill the IELTS exam. At the time of the exam student must carry their passport with them.
What is the qualification level for IELTS exam?
There is no required qualification for the IELTS exam, a student who has the passport can take the IELTS exam. Mostly students take the IELTS exam after completing their 12th class.